Participants take up White Collar Boxing for many reasons; to get fit, learn a new sport, gain a real sense of achievement, build confidence and to reach their own personal goals. This is not for professionals, it is for novices who want to achieve their own personal goals.
TWCB Training is aimed at both Male and Female's.
You will receive 8 weeks of FREE training at a local boxing gym with professional boxing coaches in your area. This will take you to high level of physical fitness and teach you the techniques you will need to compete on one of our events. The training the coaches will be putting you through ensure's you are in the fittest condition of your life and you will be ready to Box !
Boxers are required to raise a minimum of £50 for a local charity of their choosing, this is facilitated via a just giving page. You are also required to sell tickets to the event, all ticket money goes to cover the cost of running the event and putting on the training.
To ensure the safety of our boxers, we set out strict rules and regulations to adhere by. Here is a summary of the guidelines:
- Both male and female boxers may compete
- You must be aged 18 or over to compete
- All boxers train together for the first 4 weeks then split into Red team and Blue Team
- Medical will take place before and after you box.
- Bouts will be over 3 rounds of 2 minutes with 1 minute intervals
- 16oz gloves to be worn
- Full headgear to be worn
- Groin protection compulsory for males, optional for females
- Scoring by referee
- The referee may stop the bout at any stage if in their opinion, the safety of either boxer is compromised.